Ads

Thursday 13 March 2008

The Long Wait

O woman, when will our eyes meet?
When will we acknowledge the truth?
Long I have waited for your inviting arms and holy embrace;
In our blessed union will spring forth the joy of tomorrow.
Wife of my dreams, take me home to my waiting son.
May he welcome me in his loving arms.
May the sweetness of his smile be entirely for my pleasure.
I long to hear his precious lips utter a sacred truth
Long forgotten and long delayed;
May he acknowledge my fatherhood to the world.
May we, the blessed family, come into being;
May the goodness of the Lord grant this precious joy.

-Samuel Godfrey George

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...