Ads

Saturday 5 April 2008

The Voice

You breathed life into my death,
Turned my voicelessness into voice,
And my wordlessness into words.

My voice came to life when I first spoke to you.
My words came to life when I swore to serve you.
I came to life when I came to know you.

You took my voice and filled it with your breath,
You took my words and filled them with your wisdom,
You took me and filled me with your love.

Now I walk with borrowed strength,
Speak borrowed words in a borrowed voice,
So that the One whom I borrowed from may be glorified.

Bless the one whom you have made alive,
Bless the voice that speaks words of life,
Bless those who listen to the voice and receive life.

-Samuel Godfrey George

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...