Ads

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Every Time I Doubt The Existence Of God - Saying of Samuel Godfrey George


Every time I doubt the existence of God I must think of how I was led to meet my father just before his death. A most disturbing dream impelled me to meet my father and do something uncharacteristic. I who was at loggerheads with my father nearly all my life was finally moved to apologize to him for my many faults. This humbling of myself must have given him some relief. It surely gave me relief from my guilt, which had I not apologized would have been unbearable. He gave me his blessing before the end hopefully cancelling all the negative statements he had made earlier. So every time I wonder whether God is real I must ask myself, "How did I meet my father just before his death? What made me say the words that freed both of us from the burden of discord? This cannot be just a fortuitous accident."

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...