Ads

Thursday 22 August 2013

The Sayings of Samuel Godfrey George - July 2013


Why is it difficult for you to show faith in God who never changes? God Himself shows faith in you who are always changing your mind.

Our very breath testifies to a living God.

Every justifiable expression of anger should be characterized by restraint.

To give love without expecting to get love can only be God's way. To love those who are not easy to love can only be God's way. To repay evil with good can only be God's way. The devil cannot take credit for any of these actions.

May we reflect on the words of the Lord's Prayer and desire His goals for us.

It is in seeking forgiveness and in forgiving that healing is obtained. I have been particularly insensitive to unbelievers in God. Who am I to judge them? I have been asked to only share God with them lovingly. And so far I haven't achieved this. So I seek the forgiveness of God and those whom I have hurt.

Today God has brought me to a place of brokenness. I recognize my great sin, which is pride. I have been proud and resistant to God and His image. I have directed this pride against His people. And of pride I repent today. May God forgive my insensitivity to others. May the people of God forgive me. May God send healing to me today.

God, you are the function in my dysfunction.

Today if you want to get do not fail to give.

Let us not be so busy being desperate about our present troubles that we forget to thank God for his many past benefits, and let us not forget that he is still with us ready to help us.

When you are bothered by what you do not have, rejoice in what you have.

Be calm in the silence. Listen to your own mind.

Blessed are my small beginnings.

After you throw off everything that hinders it is still a race that has to be run.

Let your faith not worry itself to death but let it be sure of Him Who inspires your hope.

This is the greatest thing that I have done in my life - this service to God. Thank you Lord for letting me do it.

When I think of my past and what I did once it is not easy for me to see the person that I have become. Yet I must shout the truth from the rooftop: I am a new person in Christ. And I have the mind of Christ!

It is for light that I was born. It is to speak the words of light that my voice was given. So let me stay in the light and not return to the darkness.




No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...