Ads

Saturday 17 May 2014

Lord, Remember Me Today


O God, I have come so far. Don’t leave me here right in the middle of nowhere. Don’t forsake me now. Forgive me for what I have not done. Forgive me for what I have thought and what I have considered in a manner that is offensive to you. Remember that I love you. Remember that I care about you. Remember that I want to know you. And remember that I want to serve you.

Remember the time when I pledged my servitude to you as a child. Remember that dream in which you appeared and remember my response. O Lord, remember today. Remember me. I’m in a dry place. I’m in a lonely place. I need your care. I need your support. I need your love today. Show me your love today O Lord.

42 years You have walked with me. Even when I did not know that You were beside me You walked with me.  You walked with me, guiding me, helping me, loving me, even when I didn’t love You. Today remember me. Remember the child who cried out to You. Remember the young man who did not think about You. Remember the man who spoke for You. Remember the man who spurned many things to know You. Remember me today O Lord. Don’t abandon me. Amen.


No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...