Ads

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Advice For The Afflicted 2 - Samuel Godfrey George

God will not leave you or forsake you, whatever be your condition. Just believe that he is out there for you.

Any gift from you is sweet and pleasing. Your love is your greatest gift. So give your greatest to the least of your brothers and sisters and your Father in heaven will be highly pleased.

May God be with you and grant you a good night's sleep. May He place His healing hand on you and remove your distressing symptoms. May He heal you and restore you. May you continue to be a blessing to others. You are a mighty witness to Him, by holding on to Him, despite your many woes.

We are strong and rich not because of anything we have achieved or been born with. We are strong and rich because of what the Lord has done for us.

Our weaknesses ultimately lead us to God. They are the road to God. God said that His strength is made perfect in our weakness. So we should not hate our weaknesses but be happy about them. So what seems like a curse is a blessing in disguise.

It is a hard life. It is manageable only because of God. And even with him, it can be quite scary and hopeless at times.

God is with us always. We may not always be aware of His presence. But His voice is heard at the right time. Sometimes when I'm about to do or say something rash, a voice speaks quickly, "Wait, don't do that!" That is God. At other times the voice is not loud, yet I hear it, even as I do wrong. At other times God is quiet even when I do something wrong. And later I hear God but not in condemnation. He speaks compassionately and helps me amend my wrongs.

God is great. May he give you more. Even when you feel no one is noticing, God is noticing. And he'll let you know that he did.

Sometimes all that we can do is pray. God has a plan that sometimes seems so different from ours.

Continue to be brave and hopeful. Christ will not abandon those who trust in Him.

Trust in Jesus. Give Him your pain. And believe that He will do what is best for you. 

Let us be constant in our gaze towards God. No matter what we have suffered and will suffer it is in His promise and faithfulness that we will place our ultimate trust. We trust in God because He will not fail us. He is not like any human being. He will not lie to us. He is also perfectly able to fulfil His promise and perform His word.

What a long struggle this has been for us! But there is always hope because there is always God. He will not abandon the one who runs to him. Oh let's run to him today!

To have you near me is enough. We are bound in spirit. 

God will not forsake the one who hopes in Him. Be strong and courageous. Above all be grateful for all God has given you. And He will do the rest.  

God is with you and all of us. We are all going through some kind of pain. We are all troubled to varying degrees. I know that you have been troubled greatly by your physical and mental sufferings. Maybe your great trouble is a great blessing. Maybe God is about to do something great in your life. Hang on to this thought. 


Be calm and trust in God. Leave everything to Him. He never fails, though He does scare us to death many times.

What are you afraid of? Are you afraid of dying? Of death? Death has lost its sting. Don't you know that? Nothing shall separate you from God. Neither life nor death. Neither angels nor demons. Neither sickness nor health. You belong with God. You belong to God. Say that. Affirm that. You belong to God! Nothing shall separate you from God! If God lets you suffer despite prayers, then He must have a reason for that. Perhaps you have not yet reached a place of fearless trust. You must reach this place soon, and you cannot reach it without God. So pray with me now as a I say, "O Lord, take us to that place of fearless trust. Let us not pray and then quake in fear. Let us pray and believe confidently that You will help us overcome our problem. In Jesus name we pray. Amen."

Cling to those wounds. He is our only hope. He is our peace. Jesus Christ is our only hope. Believe that. Say that. Without him we can do nothing. Rest in his shadow today. She who dwells n the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. She will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust." And he will say, "Because she loves me I will rescue her. I will protect her for she acknowledges my name. She will call upon me and I will answer her. I will be with her in trouble. I will deliver her and honour her. With long life will I satisfy her and show her my salvation."

Keep on hoping. Trusting in God is never a bad thing.

I believe that the pain can end and will end if you trust in God.

I look forward to your good health. May your sunshine light up many a life.

We'll trust in God to get us through this storm. God is our ever present help in trouble. Let's hold his hand today and never let go.


Submit to God entirely. Submit to his will. Acknowledge your utter helplessness without him. Even doctors will fail if God is not in agreement with human will. Cry out to God in your heart as King Hezekiah did. God will hear your cries and see your tears. Ask him truly, "Can the dead praise you from the grave? I want to live and declare your greatness." Seek God now with all your heart. There is none closer to God than the one who is suffering. Rejoice and be glad. Take your mind away from doctors and cures. Focus on God and God alone. What God has willed for you must happen. And you must make it happen by praying and persisting in prayer. I'm not saying, "Do not consult a doctor." Let that happen. But I am saying, "Let your hope be entirely in God, not in a doctor, not in insurance, definitely not in your circumstances. Remember that all things are possible if you believe. Admit your utter helplessness today.

Stay with God. You need to. All of us need to. 

Say this: "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil. For thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. I will not die, but live and declare the work of the Lord. Young men may faint and fall, but I who hope in the Lord will renew my strength. I will run and not be weary. I will walk and not be faint. I cried out to the Lord my God, and he healed me. Because I love God he will heal me. He will rescue me and protect me. I will call on him and he will answer me. He will be with me in my trouble. He will deliver me and honour me. With LONG LIFE will he satisfy me and show me his salvation. In Jesus name, I am healed by his stripes! Amen. Amen. Amen!"

Do not be overwhelmed by fear. Hang on to Christ. Hold on to his stripes. Say, "I'm holding on to your stripes and I am not letting go!" 

May God continue to strengthen us as we wait for his intervention. Let us not lose faith in his action as we continue to wait.

Be well today and every day. That's my prayer for you.

Sing to the Lord. Sing to Him now! Sing even when you do not feel like singing. Take your mind away from the pain and let it focus on God. Do this despite the excruciating pain. Say, "Lord I will take this pain for you. Let me glorify you through enduring this pain. I will accept both good and bad from you. I believe in you. I trust in you. I know that you will not give me more pain than I can endure. I know that it is by your stripes that I am healed. I claim my healing now in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I will just say the word as you say the word and receive my healing. Amen." 

He in whom you have put your faith will not disappoint. Say that to yourself, "He will not disappoint me."

The storms will blow away soon. But even in the storm there is the calm of knowing who is in control. Be blessed and more blessed.

Let us be still today. Let us refuse to move away from our position of faith. Let us refuse to be overwhelmed. We must stand. That is all.

Say this : "I called to you for help and you healed me." Say this again and again. Think about the miracles of healing that Jesus performed. Very often He said, "Your faith has healed you." He also said, "Don't be afraid. Just believe." As tough as your problem is, Jesus is tougher. His stripes have healed you already. Just think that. Determine to think about that. Disregard your feelings and pain and think these thoughts. "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall not fear. Your rod and your staff will comfort me." Say, "My God will deliver me out of this affliction."

Be strong and courageous. Focus on God alone. "My eyes are upon you", said Jehoshaphat. Remember this.

Keep fighting. This is a fight that you will win most certainly. God Himself is fighting for you. Remember, God cannot be defeated. Faith will be rewarded.


Greater is He who is in us than any problem that we may face in this world. Greater is God in you than this sickness in your life. He can remove it on His own without any help from you. Remember this and believe it with all your heart and mind. And then declare it. Say, "I cover myself with the blood of Jesus Christ. His health is in me. The health of Jesus is flowing in me. And His blood is removing every disease and disease bearing germ from my body. And whatever is causing this distress, the health of Jesus is overwhelming it and removing it from me. Christ is my restorer. And He restores my health." Just believe and speak no matter how you feel. God is near.

Every time pain comes near you God comes near you as well. A painful experience is another opportunity to seek God. Rejoice in your trials. For your faith is about to be perfected. This is what I have learned so far. And there is something more. God is good. And He does not want you to suffer more than you can bear. Affirm these truths again and again. Remember that it is by His stripes that you are healed. Say this too: "I cried to God and He heard me and healed me. By His stripes I am healed." Declare this also, "I will not die but live and declare the work of God." This last declaration is special to me, for it brought me out of a terrible darkness in my own life a few years ago, when I suffered inexplicably.

This is how God works sometimes. He puts us through the worst and delivers us so that we know that it is God.

I'm praying for you. May God get you to the right place and to the right doctor. May He work His miracle today in your life. But you must not panic. At least do not lose sight of the ultimate truth. God is good. He will not leave you or forsake you. Say to yourself, "No never alone. No never alone. He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone." I cover you with the blood of Christ. May you be healed today!

It has been the middle of the night for a long time. But God is with me.

Just say, "The Lord is with me. And He fills me with his health. By His stripes I am healed. I am healed now!"

Just rest. Rest in His shadow tonight.

We will not fail this test. We have not received our victory. But we will persist in the knowledge that the battle belongs to the Lord. Yes He will do the fighting if we will do the believing. And when everything is against you believing is tough. But what else do we have? What are our alternatives? Without God we are nothing. This is the privileged position of all God's children. Take heart. God is with you and me.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord will deliver her out of them all. Do not be afraid, just believe. Just believe that God is with you and that His health is in you. Say, "The health of Jesus is flowing through me, through my veins, in my blood, and is removing every disease from me. Whatever this condition, God is greater than it and His power will overcome it. It is now overcoming it. It has overcome it." Say this again and again, and focus on the truths of God and do not entertain the lies and the fears that the devil brings to you.

My job is to serve Christ by serving people like you. I need not be thanked for doing my job. I'm so happy that Christ heard my prayer for you. I think Christ knows how precious you are to Him, and it is His Spirit, which has been praying for you in me. Today as I wait for my miracle I know that God has performed many miracles in my life, the chief of which is my life, which he has turned around from unbelief to belief. And He has given me people who love me. And from voicelessness he has made a voice out of me. I have much to thank God for.

Do not lose heart. Our path to God is not without difficulties. It is frustrating even here. I wish that God would just step in now and put an end to all difficulties. I want to smile today. And I will smile though the desired goal has not been met. I will rejoice and be thankful. This is the greatest test in faith. DO NOT LET your heart be troubled. Trust in God. Trust in Christ. He can and will do the impossible if you believe. That is the only requirement and that is very simple and yet very hard. We are by nature without trust and patience. May God grant these to us today.


Expect God to be God. We unintentionally expect God to be less. According to our faith let it be done. And may our faith be big today!

Expect something new from God. He is doing something new. Stop dwelling on the past.


We do not have to fight our own battles. The Holy Spirit will fight all our battles for us, including the battle for health. He is the greatest gift Jesus Christ has given us. Today trust in the Holy Spirit and entrust your health to Him. Say, "the health of Jesus is flowing in me from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. Every disease will now disappear in Jesus' name." It is okay to feel fear. It is not okay to let fear rule over you. For it is God who rules over you. Do not give up. 

But we are still afraid. I'm still afraid. Remember the disciples on the boat. They were afraid. Remember them during the crucifixion. They were afraid. Remember them just after the resurrection. They were afraid. They stopped being afraid only when the Holy Spirit took over them. Let the Spirit take over me. Let Him take over you and every one who wants to step out of fear.

All that I have is Christ. And He is sufficient for me. His grace is sufficient for me. I should say that. And you should say that too. We should say that with confidence. His grace is sufficient for us.

Don't be afraid. Just believe. These are the words we must reflect on. Simple and direct our Lord is.

Assume your authority in Jesus Christ and refuse to be sick, for he is your health and your peace, and nothing shall separate you from his love. You will always live in Christ. I had my worst moments too. I always carried a Bible with me and held on to it for dear life. Prayer oil also helps. Above all it is trust in God that enables one to cross the river. I was under a great deal of stress too at a certain time in my life. I thought that I was dying. But I affirmed the words of the Bible and I am still alive and more than that.

There is no other way except the way of love. This is the truth that Jesus symbolizes.


There is so much suffering in this world. And we all need to pray.

Hold on to the Bible. Kiss it even. Your Lord is near. Thank Him for the good times. Thank Him for the health you once enjoyed. Just thank Him for every good thing. If you can't say it, just think it.

One must not try to make sense of God's ways. One must simply accept God's nature, that He is good and that He works everything for our good.

We love everyone yet we cannot show our love to everyone. So we should love at least one person at a time. And even that does not come easy.


God is my only employer literally.


We are to love everyone, both the fruit-bearing and the fruitless. And it is the fruitless who need our love more.

I'd like to focus on those whom I don't normally like. I like to like the unlikeable in the power of Christ.


What God says to me usually is, "Love him. Love her. And forget the rest."

Friend, I'm happy that you are not alone. You can never be that when you are with Christ.

I have every reason to believe that Jesus is with you and with every one who calls out to Him for help. Though I have never seen Jesus with my own eyes I see no reason to disbelieve those who say that they have seen Jesus.

 










 
 
 





  

  
 

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...