Ads

Saturday 12 March 2011

Never Never Never!

As long as I drink from the poisoned cup
And savour the unchaste embrace,
As long as the strong in me will say that he is weak,
As long as I chew on the pieces of death
And shun the life before me,
I shall continue to taste the curse.
Yet will my spirit die?
Will my flame be quenched?
Will His work remain unfinished in me?
“Never!” bellows my faith.
“Never will the righteousness of God be overcome
By the darkness of the devil.
Never will the holy dove be drained of life
By the venom of the serpent.
“Never, never, never!”
The Lord shall arise in me.
The flesh will be nailed to the cross.
The corruptible will be discarded
And the incorruptible will be put on.
Death will come. Yet my spirit shall live.

- Samuel Godfrey George

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...