Ads

Wednesday 9 May 2012

The Aspirations of Samuel Godfrey George

To the God I worship I say: "Let me truly be your servant. Let all that I say and do glorify you. Let your desire be mine. Let your care be mine. Your joy will be my joy. Your sorrow will be my sorrow. Your kingdom I shall await every conscious moment. Till then your Word shall guide every step of mine."

To those who come to me I say, "Let me express the love of God to you. I have received much. Let me give much. May I love you truly, and care for you, without expecting your love and your gratitude. Let my motivation come from the love of God and not from any earthly source. Let me freely give to you what I have freely received. Let me express to you what is deep and innermost in my being. Let me convey my passion and my desire for the Christ that I worship. Let Him reign in my work. Let Him speak through my voice."

To myself I say, "Be firm and serve your Lord. Every attempt will be made to turn you away from the path. Every ungodly desire will be flung in your direction as you move forward. Disease and death may linger at your door. Despair may be your companion. Keep moving forward. May you never turn away. May you never retreat to the dark pit that you were taken from."

- Samuel Godfrey George


No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...