Ads

Thursday 13 June 2013

About Lust - Sayings of Samuel Godfrey George

Your resolve never to sin again will fail every time. So resolve never to make such resolutions. Just trust in Jesus. His grace is sufficient for everything.

You're not the first shameful person God has used. So don't worry about it. He will cover your shame.

If Christ lives in you then say to lust and every other stirring of your flesh, "God is greater than you. He always overcomes you."

"I have the mind of Christ. I love what God loves and hate what God hates. I have been set free by the Son and I am free indeed." This is what I declare myself to be today though it may not necessary be a reflection of how I feel.

When God reveals your dark and ugly heart do not run away from him.

To throw the demons out I had to sit with God to the exclusion of almost everything else for many years.

It is in my weakness that God shows his strength. Therefore I shall not consider my weakness a curse. It is in fact my blessing.


No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...