Ads

Thursday 27 June 2013

Prayer

Lord, you are my Creator. I cannot live without you. My life comes from you. Thank you for keeping me alive. Thank you for keeping the world alive. Thank you for all that you have created in your love. I do not understand your ways. I do not even walk according to your ways. Forgive me Lord for my many sins. Despite my imperfections I believe that I am a child of God and that I have the mind of Jesus Christ. Thank you for giving me the Holy Spirit. I believe that I cannot pray to you without your Spirit stirring in me first.

I pray for myself and for all your children. Be our King O Lord. Let your will be done in our lives. Please reign on earth as you reign in heaven. Be kind to your children today O Lord. Supply our needs. We need you first. We need your Spirit. We need your love, your joy and your peace. Grant us our everyday needs. And give us your precious health. I pray for those who are specially needy and those who are extremely sick. I pray for all who call out to you. May you hear the cries of your people.

Help us forgive one another as you have graciously forgiven us. Soften our hard hearts, mellow our defiant spirits O God. Give us strength in times of trouble and help us resist temptation. Deliver us from evil: the evil in heaven and the evil on earth. O God you are our only hope. You are my only hope. Let everyone who calls out to you today be saved. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

Samuel Godfrey George, 26 June 2013

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...