Ads

Thursday 19 September 2013

The Sayings of Samuel Godfrey George - About Belief in God

To believe when there is no reason to believe, that is belief.
 
To believe what you are still not able to accept as true, that is belief.
 
Belief in God is the persistent unwillingness to trust in your reasonable and probable fears and the persistent willingness to trust in what seems to be the extravagant and improbable promises of God.
 
It's a journey from confusion to clarity, from despair to hope and from fear to faith. It's my journey to God.
 
When everything falls apart you will be ready to believe in God.
 
When you are driven to the extreme you will be driven to believe.
 
And for a while absolutely nothing moved, nothing appeared to happen. And then suddenly it happened. My miracle happened.
 
No one cares for me more than God does. No one, not even my parent, not even my friend cares for me more than God does. I may not be able to see him or hear him, but he cares for me more than any human being cares for me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...