Ads

Monday 14 October 2013

The Sayings of Samuel Godfrey George - August 2013


Go to God just as you are. You don't have to change yourself for you cannot change yourself.

It is good to pray for someone. It is good to think of someone. It is good to take your mind off yourself, even if briefly. Let us continue to care and to pray.

Let my knees not forget to kneel before God. Let my heart not forget to be humble and let my lips not forget to speak to my God every day.

If you have suffered much your pain is not without purpose. Your suffering will make you even stronger in faith. Just rejoice in this today. Remember what Saint Paul said. Our present sufferings are really nothing compared with the glory that will be revealed in us. Rejoice in this today.

Only a greater force can quell a great force.

Try many times. Fail many times. But do not give up.

An experience is given so that one may study it, learn from it and then speak about it.

It is the greatest sinner who loves Christ the most.

Crying out to God is a privilege.

We will never stop praying and crying out to God for mercy. We are under attack because of our love for God. Our great love for God has brought about great suffering. Let us carry our crosses gratefully and faithfully. The Lord will deliver His people.

At the moment of defeat trust in God.

The more I am crushed the more I am hopeful.

In the silence I hear you. In the shadows I see you.

My mission is to convey what Christ has done in me, and what He can potentially do in you.

When the going gets tough, fear not. For your God is with you especially in such times.

Caring for others is caring for God.

Thy will be done O God. There is no better outcome in life than the will of God to be done.

The more I am in trouble the closer I get to God.

I can't worry about what someone is thinking. The job needs to be done in the spirit of love and truth. And in the final outcome someone is not going to be happy. But let the job be done.

A smile or a laugh can lighten our burdens and make them manageable.

God is not a terrible person. He is not the awful disciplinarian that I thought he was. I have come to see him as a loving, understanding and sympathetic God. And he is not out to punish me. He loves me and wants me to share his love with others.

I will not tire of trying.

Christ came into the world not to condemn the world but to save the world. As followers of Christ let us endeavour to do the same.

As Christ welcomed the unwelcome ones, let Christians welcome those whom they would normally shun.




No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...