Ads

Tuesday 5 June 2012

The Mathematics of God - A Father's Pain

God is my Father,
I am His son.
The pain He inflicts
Is the pain I inflict.
The pain of his Fatherhood
Is the pain of my fatherhood.
I am His inconstant son,
So I have an inconstant son.
From my fickle love for my Father
Comes my son's fickle love for me.
My Father longs to bless me
As I long to bless my son.
Yet my Father cannot bless me
As I cannot bless my son.
I spurned my Father
So my son has spurned me.
There is no fire in my blood,
So there is no fire in my son's blood.
God will be my Father
When I am ready to be His son.
Only then will my son be ready
For me to be His father.

-Samuel Godfrey George

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...