Ads

Friday 24 May 2013

Daniel's Prayer Personalized

O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with all who love him and obey his commands, I have sinned and done wrong, I have been wicked and have rebelled; I have turned away from your commands. I have not listened to your servants the prophets, who spoke in your name.

Lord, you are righteous, but this day I am covered with shame because of my unfaithfulness to you. O Lord, I am covered with shame because I have sinned against you. The Lord my God is merciful and forgiving, even though I have rebelled against him; I have not obeyed the Lord my God.

Troubles have come upon me, yet I have not sought the favour of the Lord my God by turning from my sins and giving attention to his truth. The LORD did not hesitate to bring the troubles upon me, for the LORD my God is righteous in everything he does, yet I have not obeyed him.

Now, O Lord my God, who brought me out of slavery to sin, I have sinned, I have done wrong. O Lord, in keeping with all your righteous acts, turn away your anger and your wrath from me. My sins and the iniquities of my fathers have made me an object of scorn to all around me.

Now, my God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant. I do not make requests of you because I am righteous, but because of your great mercy. O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For your sake, O my God, do not delay, because I bear your Name.

(Modified by Samuel Godfrey George from Daniel 9: 4-19 NIV, 1988)

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...