Ads

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Prayers

Give me the grace to live this life. I am weighed down by this trial. And your answer to my prayer troubles me. My life is riddled with difficulties and I am without what I used to have. Should I go on when I can do something about this? Yet this has been a long labour conducted unwaveringly. For many years I was frustrated by no obvious gains. But now after many years, the work seems to be getting results. Yet I am not sure. Is this the fruit that I was meant to bear? My doubts are aimed at the root of my plant. So come to my rescue today. Set me right. Steady my mind. Strengthen my heart. And give me the grace to live this life as you want me to live it.

O God, please restore order in my house. Let your example of love shine before us and show us the way to your dwelling place. Let us resolve to love one another just as you loved us. Let us forgive one another just as you forgave your killers on the cross. Let us not fight worthless battles seeking our own way. Let us not speak bitter, hateful words that can only destroy and kindle the worst in others. Teach us how to overcome evil with good. O God, please fight our battles for us. Let us learn to rest in you.

O please give me the mind to seek you today. Give me the eyes to see your many wonderful works. Give me the desire to see what you have made with joy and love. Give me a heart overflowing with gratitude for the gift of life. O Lord, even the shortest life on earth is better than not having lived at all.

Friend, may God be with you today. May he protect you from all evil. May he grant you his desires and enable you to live life to the full. May you be happy today and may people know the reason for your happiness.

Today pray for a drunkard who cannot quit drinking. Pray for an addict who cannot say no to the thing that entices him. Pray for a man who has been given a gift but cannot give it. Pray for a man who is determined to ruin himself because he cannot see a way out. Pray for his family whose lives have turned into hell as a result of his violence. Pray that they will still hope for a miracle. Pray that this man may see Jesus and walk into his welcoming arms. Pray that he and his family may find lasting peace.



No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...