Ads

Thursday 11 June 2015

Why Should We Trust In God?

Recently I asked a question. Why should we trust in God when it appears that sometimes in life God is not with us? There are people in the world who have suffered great tragedies even while believing in God. There are people who waited for miracles and never experienced them. There are people whose entire lives have been destroyed even after they trusted in God. How could these things happen? It seems that God has abandoned some of his people. It appears that God is not always answering prayers. It appears that God is not always helping his people. So I asked this question. Why should we trust in God? Is it necessary? Is it important? Can we not live without God? Do we really need God when he appears so erratic?

And this is the answer that I received from my mother. She said, "No matter what happens let's trust in God." Whatever happens in life let's trust in God. Let's not worry about those moments when God appears insensitive. Let's not think of those times when God appears absent. Let's just trust him. Let's keep on trusting him.

There are times in my life when God has come to my rescue. And there are other times when God appeared absent. But I'm still going on. I'm still here. I'm still holding a camera. I'm still speaking despite the difficulties, despite the wreck that my life appears to be. Despite the troubling, dismal outlook I'm still here, still doing the work of God. And for once, it appears that I'm being heard.

It does appear at times that God is not interested. It does appear at times that God is absent. It does appear at times that God is even an enemy. But we are told that God is our friend. Saint Peter said, "Cast all your cares on God for he cares for you." Saint Paul said, "And my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory." Let us be reassured today. No matter how difficult life is, let us trust in God, for there is simply no one else whom we can trust. God alone can be trusted. King David said, "Some trust in chariots, others in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." Shall we learn to trust God like King David today? Shall we declare our faith along with him?

- Samuel Godfrey George

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...