Ads

Sunday 25 November 2012

I Am The Voice

I have begun to knock on people’s doors.

And the question has been asked more than once.

“Who are you?”

"I am The Voice."

WHO IS THE VOICE?
Is he the self-made man that he once claimed to be? Or is he the work of hands far superior to his own?

Is his voice his own? Are his thoughts the product of his mind?

Is his mind as noble as his thoughts? Does his love come from his heart?

Or does Someone live within him? Is He the mind of his thoughts? Is He the heart of his love? Is He the breath of his voice?

This is the BELIEF of the man who calls himself The Voice: I saw Him as a blazing train of fire in a childhood dream, and I pledged my servitude to Him in a language that I did not know then, but learned to speak later. I did not even know who He was. Yet I must have known deep within that He is the Lord.

For years I walked in darkness, not knowing my Master. I served another who was opposed to Him. I betrayed my Lord, and lay in the arms of His sworn enemy. I savoured the bliss of Hell.

But the Lord will not be cheated of His bride. He came for me, yet did not seize me instantly. He laid a divine finger on me, and delivered a deadly blow to the evil within my soul. The demons that ruled me could never recover from this, and slowly and painfully they crumbled to defeat.

Now the Lord has me firmly in His grip. Even as hellfire rages just outside my courtyard, He whispers His hope into my ears, and strengthens my will to fight. The Devil is still around.

The Lord gave me my mission. It is not to fight the powers of darkness only for my own sake, but also for the sake of others. So He empowered my voice, filled it with His own breath, and set ablaze the message that His love commands me to deliver to a people indifferent to and distanced from their Lord.

So here I come to the one who is willing to accept my love and hear my voice. I am Samuel Godfrey George. I am The Voice.

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...