Ads

Sunday 25 November 2012

The Voice Responds : Did I ever hate God?

The Question : Did you ever hate or give up on God?

The Answer : No, I have never given up, and will never give up on God. Life is difficult but not impossible. Faith in God is not for quitters. I've had my share of desperate moments. But the Lord would not let me go. And as I grow in understanding, the chances of my slipping seem more unlikely than ever. Yet I remain cautious in prayer.

There was a time when I did not care about God. But now I will never hate God for anything. The privilege to do anything comes from Him. In fact I can never love Him enough for His kindness to me.

As far as others are concerned, I love them regardless of what they feel for me. When I am tempted to hate (and that happens often), I pray for divine help, as that is the only way out of bitterness. There can be no hope of God's forgiveness if I cannot forgive.

Trusting in God is the only way out of the hell we create in our own lives. When a man is in trouble let him pray.

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...