Ads

Sunday 25 November 2012

The Road To Sanity

What is in a smile? What is in a sneer? What special joy lies in applause? What terrible misery lies in censure? What are hard times? What are good times?

When I smile, do I rejoice? When I weep, do I grieve? When I embrace, do I love? When I spurn, do I hate? When I speak, do I believe? And when I believe, do I speak?

Is unblemished happiness ever found? Is misery ever experienced in its completeness? Does company ever dispel loneliness? In loneliness can one not find company?

Is family only a blessing? Is orphanhood only a curse? Is love ever guaranteed? Is loyalty ever certified? Do parents only give? Do children only love? Will a brother never strike? Will a friend never betray?

Are the evil without good? Are the good without evil? Are those who condemn without blame? Can the condemned not blame?

Are the ones who seek unity undivided? Are the divisive disunited?

Does nakedness reveal shame? Do clothes conceal it? Can silence conceal the guilt within? Does the ritual mirror the passion within?

Should the Lord not consort with prostitutes? Should the believer not sleep with the Devil? Can one reach the destination even before the journey?

How long will the Creator suffer the mockery of his creation? How long will the Father wait for his prodigal son?

Does the Creator only create? Does the Giver only give? Does the Lover only love?

Will the voice only speak? Silence is the beginning of the voice. Silence is the end of the voice.

- Samuel Godfrey George

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...