Ads

Sunday 9 December 2012

Desperation in Faith - Saying of Samuel Godfrey George

There was a time when I let ridiculous people pray for me. At a time of desperate need I sought those whom I would not normally seek and asked them to pray for me. Fear ruled my soul and my rationality was completely suppressed. I read the Bible desperately and recited verses feverishly. I tore down my altars and cried many tears. I even met some despicable people and apologized to them for my own callousness. Indeed there is nothing as devastating to a man's stability as a period of grave illness and severe trials. In better times all these acts are simply not forthcoming.

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...