Ads

Saturday 10 November 2012

Lessons From Experience - Sayings of Samuel Godfrey George

Today I heard from a boy who claimed to have seen a dead girl on a nearby university campus along with many curious onlookers. The newspaper reported this incident as the death of a male student. I asked my witness if he was sure that the deceased was a female and not really a male. He said that he saw with his own eyes that it was indeed a girl who had died. Later today when confronted with the truth that it was certainly a boy who had died, the boy finally admitted that he could be wrong, saying that he was led to believe that the deceased was a girl because everyone had claimed so. This incident clearly indicates to me how even our strongest impressions and our so-called realities could turn out to be deceptions and errors.

I heard today that a woman who had worked for me once was accused of stealing in the act of prostitution. My reaction at first was, "Thank God, this woman doesn't work for me anymore." But now my thoughts have changed. I want to know why God sent a person like this to my home. Is there something I can still do for her? I can certainly pray for her. I must pray for her. I must pray for every lost soul.

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...