Ads

Wednesday 8 January 2014

I Want To Reach A Place Of Nothingness


This year is about to end. Another year will begin. If I enter the New Year, this is what I desire for myself. I want to reach a place of humility. I want to reach a place of nothingness. I want to reach a place where I will understand and accept my nothingness. And I want to remain constantly aware of my nothingness.

Troubles have greatly humbled me. May they continue to humble me. May I see myself as a little person, as a little, insignificant person, who has been enabled by God to do something in this world. Let me never lose sight of that. Let me not have any good opinion of myself. Let me not consider the possibility of my own goodness. Let me not entertain the idea that I have some original ability. This is the place of nothingness that I want to reach during this New Year.

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...