Ads

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Shall We Give Today?

A few days ago I heard about a man who was not well. He needed immediate blood transfusion. When I heard about his immediate need I wanted to give to him. Though my financial situation was not good I decided to give to this person.

Yesterday when I met a certain friend, she gave me an unexpected gift. She felt like giving this gift to me because I had made a speech regarding the loss of her mother, when her mother passed away. I was surprised at this gift. I accepted it politely. I thanked her for her kindness. I mention this because I feel that the act of giving is good because it is something that Christ commanded us to do. We must give. We give not because we expect to receive. We give because we have already received.  I want to share this with you so that you may also consider giving if you haven't done that already. The Bible says, "It is more blessed to give than to receive." Shall we give today?


No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...