Ads

Sunday 12 January 2014

The Club That I Do Not Want To Belong To

When I was much younger I wanted to be a member of a club. This was a club of wealthy people. I wanted to be a part of this community. I truly desired it. Yesterday I was at this club. I was invited by a certain friend of mine. I went there inappropriately dressed. I was not allowed to dine at this club. I understood their rules, and I even respected their rules. I left the club along with my friend. We dined in another place. And we enjoyed our afternoon together.

In a place like this club any human being dressed in a certain way is respected but it is really the dress that is respected and not the human being. I think this is a sad aspect of humanity. It is not an aspect, which we should encourage. But I do understand that clubs are exclusive, that they have rules, and many of these rules are admirable and tolerable. Maybe even this rule will seem so to others. But this rule shows to me a distinct lack of humanity if not a lack of enlightenment.

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...