Ads

Thursday 21 August 2014

Miracles Have Happened To Me

What has happened to me? I wanted to serve only myself. But why did I decide to serve God? I wanted to keep my voice a secret. But why did I make it public? I knew nothing about computers. But why did I choose to work on one? I truly despised the Bible once, but why did I begin to read it so greedily? Slowly but surely a great hunger and an even greater determination appeared within me. I must know God as well as I can, and I must speak about Him as well as I can. For seven years I banged away at a computer editing my voice that recorded the words of God in the dead of night. For years I walked into snake-infested thickets holding my own camera strenuously as I struggled to voice my emergence into light. Yes I walked out of utter darkness and now I stand in God's blazing light. Miracles that I never asked for or expected have happened to me.

This is love. God loved me even before I knew there was a God. For many years I wandered with a distorted notion of God. I reviled Him and all that He stood for. I embraced sin and immorality, and considered these the chief pleasures of life. But then God did not give up on me. Far from that He pursued me silently and one day pounced on me and began to have His way with me. From unclean lips He spoke through me. From a voice that remained hidden for years, He sounded His love. From within the dysfunctional clutter of my mind He conveyed His crystal-clear knowledge. This is the greatest miracle one will ever see: a depraved mind becoming the mind of Christ. And this is the miracle that I am.

- Samuel Godfrey George

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...