Ads

Thursday 7 August 2014

Sayings of Samuel Godfrey George - May 2014

Every man may fail me, but God will not.

Faith is confidence in God. It is calm and restful. Where there is no calm and rest there cannot be faith.

A human being is the hardest thing to love consistently.

"Thank you Jesus" is all that I need to say today.

I smile today only because of God.

The ultimate desire of everyone who follows God is to arrive at love. The ultimate aim of everyone who wants to know God is to know that love, and  not only to know that love but also to practise it. So let us not be afraid today, those who wish to know the love of God. Let us not be afraid of God. Let us not fear his judgement. But let us be aware of his love. And let us seek his love and desire his love and want to experience his love in our own lives. Let what we do for God today be without fear. May what we do for God today be an act of love and purely an act of love.

Sometimes in life fear and faith go together. Sometimes one does certain things in life because of fear. Sometimes we do things in fear even in faith. Even in what seems like faith there is fear. But we are told in the Bible that perfect love drives out fear, that the one perfected in love will not fear. There should be no fear in love. And the ultimate object of faith is to arrive at love.

May I persevere today. May I walk by faith and not by sight because what I see frightens me. What I see discourages me. Therefore I must walk by faith in the One who promised never to forsake me and leave me alone. “God, You called me to do this work. Be with me, stand by me and help me do this work. And help me take the next step. Help me move on to the next thing in my life. Help me face the next challenge in my life. Let me believe in You today. Let me trust in You today. Amen."

God has promised His people that He will deliver them from the many troubles that they will face in their lives. I hold on to this promise. I choose to acknowledge the God who promised to stay near me and deliver me from the troubles in my life. So it is important for me to acknowledge God as my God, the One who saves me from all my troubles. And though I say this, not in desirable circumstances, I do so with a certain sense of relief and a certain degree of satisfaction because this is what I have chosen to do. And this is what I have been called to do. And may I prove to be worthy in the eyes of the One who called me, and may He choose me to do His work.

It is God that I acknowledge today. God called me to do His work. He who called me must also choose me. I don’t want to be among those who are called but not chosen. I have suffered failures in my life. But I do not want to fail in this. I do not want to fail in being God’s servant.

Let me see the miracle in a little thing.

Today let me trust in God's timing. Let me shut out the doubts and trust.

Today I attempted to make a clean sweep of things. I almost swept out the good along with the bad. Thankfully God saved me once again.

Let us seek God, not His blessings.

From godly sorrow follows repentance. Today God's gift to me is godly sorrow.

Today in the wake of all my troubles someone did something to make me happy. And in this act I saw the hand of God.

When you are in trouble help someone else. When you are in need of inspiration, inspire another person. When you need urgently to pray for yourself, urgently pray for someone else. Think about someone else today. This is what I say to myself.

42 years You have walked with me. Even when I did not know that You were beside me You walked with me. You walked with me, guiding me, helping me, loving me, even when I didn’t love You. Today remember me. Remember the child who cried out to You. Remember the young man who did not think about You. Remember the man who spoke for You. Remember the man who spurned many things to know You. Remember me today O Lord. Don’t abandon me. Amen.

Remember the time when I pledged my servitude to you as a child. Remember that dream in which you appeared. And remember my response. O Lord, remember today. Remember me. I’m in a dry place. I’m in a lonely place. I need your care. I need your support. I need your love today. Show me your love today O Lord.

O God, I have come so far. Don’t leave me here right in the middle of nowhere. Don’t forsake me now. Forgive me for what I have not done. Forgive me for what I have thought and what I have considered in a manner that is offensive to you. Remember that I love you. Remember that I care about you. Remember that I want to know you. And remember that I want to serve you.

May the people who serve God do so sincerely. May they serve Him wholeheartedly. May God remember His servants today. May God remember their prayers. And may God provide for all His people. May God provide for His servants, who look to Him, who are dependent on Him. May God not forget His servants today. This is my prayer. Amen

Let God not forget His people today. Let Him not forget to bless His people today, especially those who cry out to Him, especially those who have asked Him, especially those who have knocked repetitively on His door. May God not forget His people. May God respond to the prayers of His people.

Let God be worshipped today. Let the people of God celebrate their God today. Let the people of God not fail to bless their God today. Let them not forget His benefits.

God is right, no matter what happens.

Lord, I have not done certain things. I have disappointed you in certain ways. But remember that I love you. Remember the child who promised to serve you. Remember the man who tried to serve you. I'm in a dry and lonely place. And I need your help today. Do not abandon me.

Let's rejoice in our talents. But let's not be conceited on account of them.

I am privileged to be in a place where I am driven to say to God, "Please have mercy on me."

I’m shining a light but it is not mine.

Celebrate your mother while she is still here.

Because of the storm I'm grateful for the calm.

Flaws should be pointed out for only one reason: remedial action.

God loves me enough to deny the very thing that I seek.

I will not rush into wisdom as I rush into error.

There are many things that I am confident about in my life. Yet there is one thing that I seriously doubt. That's the place where God must be. Yet why do I doubt the role of God and why do I think so little of his power? If I am here, if I can think, if I can deduce this truth, it cannot be without God. My awareness of me itself is the most godly thing in my life. And this alone should assure me of the truth that the one who makes a human aware of himself will also help a man to overcome his own nature.

Don't think about what you can get from people. Think about what you can give to them.

You don't become an original by reading a manual. You become an original because you just are.

Even a monkey needs to be welcomed.

Throw out that ego and you'll feel a lot lighter.

This is all that I need to know today: God will not forsake me. He will never forsake those who trust in Him.

I desire popularity though I despise it.

Am I anointed to work for God? For seven years I slaved for God, abandoning almost everything else. I kicked away my career and spurned financial gains. I entertained only one goal: to know God and to convey what I know about God. What unworldly madness I surrendered to for so long! I certainly opine that I am not natively capable of such insanity. So I certainly believe that I am anointed by God to do his work.

Can a dysfunctional, self-centred man do the work of God? Surely even that is possible with God.

I always count my friends and followers. So God has given me a very few.

If I depended on human encouragement, my train would have derailed a long time ago.

If I give thanks to God, let it not be for getting more from him. I want more from God, but let not my thanksgiving have an ulterior motive. There is much to give God thanks for and there is nothing better for a human to do than to express thanks for what he has received from God.

Even if you are a monkey and seen as a pest God will still feed you and supply your needs.

Let not your thanks be your wages for God's gracious gifts for they can never be bought. Let your thanks be a natural expression of your gratitude for gifts that cannot be priced.

An enemy helped me today. Now that's surely a work of God.

It will happen. It will most certainly happen. Just wait.

If Jehovah Jireh will not provide, who will provide? If God will not be god, then who will be? No, my trust is in God. He will provide, no matter how long it takes and how improbable it looks.

Whatever people do or don't do, don't take it personally. There is not a person in the world without troubles and hang-ups. So a little bit of sympathy is in order.

A beautiful child smiled at me today. He smiled when it mattered most. His smile was like the smile of God. And when I realized that, I was reduced to tears. I needed that smile so much today. Thank you God. Continue to smile at me and at all your people. We need to see your smile.

Do first and teach later.

Even as you need help quickly be quick to help another person who needs your help.

The Lord shall supply all your needs, according to His riches in glory. Just trust in Him.

Give before you speak.

There is no weapon like disgust to turn one away from a previously beloved thing.

The most dreadful things have the greatest potential to teach.

Dance only to your tune even without applause.

Dislike is better than apathy.

If you are in need and praying for a miracle, could you also pray for another who is in the same situation?

To the one who falls short of expectations show grace today.

A certain kind of success follows a certain number of failures.

The proper reaction to anything is "Thank you Lord."

All my life I've been a wretch, still God has helped me. Today I need God's help again. So I'm in no hurry to be a saint.

When trouble comes we appreciate the happy times even more.

Believe in God's supply even when it seems unlikely.

Special is the person who is grateful for a little.

On a day you want to receive be sure to give.

Be very grateful for the very little that you have.

You may be in trouble and you may need God. But even as you feel this need think of someone else who needs God. And tell him about God.

When you can inspire someone don't stay quiet.

Don't despair. God is with you. And He will deliver you.

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...