Ads

Tuesday 7 October 2014

That's What I Am

Is Christianity what I teach? Or is it spirituality? Or do I teach anything at all? Do I teach about the way as I see it, the way to God? Jesus declared Himself to be the Way, the Truth and the Life. If He is the Way, I want to speak about this Way. But can I teach about it? I consider myself more of a student than a teacher. Still that does not prevent me from calling myself a teacher. I do believe that I discuss reasonably enough to be called a teacher. 

So what am I? I am someone who believes in the Truth of Jesus Christ, someone who wants to explore this Truth, someone who likes to lead other people to this Truth. That's what I am. Does that make me a teacher, or a guide, or a spiritual counsellor? I don't know what that makes me. But it certainly makes me a worker of God - someone who believes in God and works for Him at the same time - someone who works for the God of the Bible: Jehovah the Father and Jesus the Son. And I do this work by cooperating with His Holy Spirit. That's what I am.

- Samuel Godfrey George

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...