Ads

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Sayings Of Samuel Godfrey George - October 2014

Life is meant to be enjoyed. Let's enjoy it with others. And let's let others enjoy their lives as well.

What I did in the last seven years was not easy. It could not have been purely my work. For I know myself and my limitations. I have carried out a sustained work for God despite my limitations and inclinations. And though I have not received any great reward for all this striving, I am still motivated to get up every morning and share my understanding of God with a world that is at most times unresponsive to my efforts. This is the exceptional work that God is doing through me.

Let's rejoice in this: because of Jesus Christ we know what love is. Let us know this love and learn to receive it, so that we can share it with others.

When I look around there are mountains to climb everywhere. Yesterday I climbed what seemed like a daunting mountain with God's help. But there are so many more mountains. And the sight of them makes me feel sick with dread. I have heard that God is faithful. In fact I know that God is faithful. He has saved me from many dangers. He has kept my life and work going somehow. But as I now stare into a terrible horizon marked by many seemingly unscalable peaks, I turn to God in urgency again. And I say, "Lord, you have brought me this far. Now you may have to carry me to the next place. I fear that I may not be able to walk any more." And I anticipate the answer that will come from His lips, "Fear not, I am with you." Beautiful are the words of faith. But terrible is their experience.

Today God met my needs in the nick of time. And He'll meet yours. Don't give up. God is good despite our worst doubts.

O Lord, I cannot go on without help. I need help very soon. And all doors seem closed and barred. Please help as soon as you can. What You have asked me to do You must enable me to do. Help and support me as You alone know how.

If someone needs your appreciation appreciate. If someone needs your acknowledgement acknowledge. If someone needs your wish today wish. Give to everyone what he needs from you.

Don't be sparing in your giving today. Give to people what they want. Delight yourself in delighting others. There is no greater joy and no greater way to live.

It appears that God has abandoned the world and left us irreversible victims to the tyranny of the devil. This is how it may seem to the regenerating soul that is being transformed by the inner working of God. Everybody else who does not believe in the spiritual world, may only see a difficult life in a bad world made by nobody that is worthy of worship. And whatever improvement that can be made in such a world may be seen as possible only by collective human effort grounded in scientific knowledge, secular ethical principles and global tolerance of human eccentricities and excesses. But those who truly know God know that he is still an active participant in world affairs as well as personal ones, albeit an apparently weak one. But his apparent weakness is indeed his hidden strength. For in the heart of the believer glows an inextinguishable fire to convey the love of God to a generation that only knows a perversion in the name of love. Indeed God lives in weak, imperfect humans moulding and shaping them into unlikely foes to the demonic powers that control the world.

If everything is absolutely certain, then there is not much point in waiting to see what might happen. We are required by God to wait, for waiting is always a test to find out if we could wait hoping and trusting in God despite our greatest fears and doubts. If the outcome of our waiting is absolutely certain there is no point in waiting, unless the test is for our benefit, so that we may discover a glorious truth about ourselves.

Does God wait? Does he know the pain of waiting interminably for what might not come? I believe he does. And that is why we are required to wait on several occasions in our path to godliness.

To speak the word of God is power indeed. But to speak the word of God without knowing the heart of God and without learning to love like him, and without the ability to endure suffering and trials while waiting patiently for great lengths of time cannot be identical to the way God uttered those words.

And there is a further truth to our vulnerability to the scheming of the devil. We possess at the very core of our being cravings that are similar to the devil's own cravings. The devil desires to overturn and distort every God-ordained purpose and design, and the appeal of such modifications and distortions is much greater than the appeal of the true purposes of God to our original sinful nature, which is identical to the fallen nature of the devil. In our unregenerate state we are much like the devil without his consummate power.

And this is the devil's great trick. When he mixes his lie with the truth, he makes the truth stand out so much that his lie appears nearly insignificant. For the truth he projects stirs up our basic needs so much that any warning that we might have received from God vanishes into thin air.

The devil is not merely a liar. He is a liar who speaks half the truth.

The greatest wisdom is not to doubt God when he appears false.

The greatest daring is the daring to be yourself.

You must go on despite virtually nothing happening. And that's what going on is in the God kind of work.

There are some people who WILL always be what others CANNOT be. And I am thankful for that.

If you have to wait, then wait. Wait patiently. Wait well. Wait by blessing someone or something, not by cursing someone or something.

Today my channel is exactly seven years old. This day in the year 2007 I uploaded my first video, "The Lord's Prayer" on YouTube.

I've heard it said, "Don't be a people-pleaser. But be a God-pleaser." Admirable as the concept is, it is conceivable that some will attempt to please God by doing good even when they are not sincerely doing those acts. They will do good even when they don't feel good about what they do, just to please God. But is that the way to please God? Is God pleased when we act under duress, or out of fear of what He might do if we act badly? I don't think God will ever be pleased by good actions without good intentions.

If I do an act of love today, let it not arise from fear. If I send you a note of thanks for something that you did, let it not be out of fear of what you might think of me if I didn't express my thanks. Let me do something good because it is good to do good. It ennobles the doer as well as the receiver. And if I live a good life for God let it not arise from fear of what God might do if I live rebelliously. Let it be for the pleasure of living a good life. For doing good is the greatest pleasure, if you know how to do it. And that is the pleasing kind of life God desires for us, but never imposes on us.

You should do the right thing in every situation. And the right thing is doing something not because of what someone might think or even what God might think. It's doing it for the pure pleasure of doing something right, without the expectation of anything beyond it.

Today I completed seven years of my video work for God on YouTube. I consider it a ministry for it is an act of ministering to God's people for the sake of God. Some may wonder what's in a number, even if the number is 7. Some may even question the joy that I feel in speaking for God for seven continuous years. But I know why I am happy. I was once lost and now I am found. I was once dead and now I am alive. This is the seventh year of my spirit-filled life about to pass and an eighth year is knocking on my door. Yes I will rejoice, for much has been done through me. Much that would never have been done, had God not touched me, had I not responded to Him desirably, has been accomplished.

If this were my last day or if this were yours, have I said all that I wanted to say? Have I shared the blessing with you? Have we felt the connection? Come to me, you who stand there with the desire to walk into my being. Come to me. 

Someone wondered why I do not hold the Bible when I speak. She thought that I would be more credible as a Christian teacher with a Bible in hand. I cannot agree. I rarely hold a Bible in my hand while speaking before the camera, but whatever I say does have its origin in Biblical truth. Biblical truth itself is not easy to define or narrow down to a certain way of life. In fact the Bible is not always very clear about everything, and leaves certain things unsaid. It is important to make sense of it in the light of the advances made in science and other branches of knowledge. And it is even more important to temper one's message with compassionate understanding and tolerance.

If we do our part, which is praising, then God will do His part, which is blessing. Let us not forget to thank God today. Let us not forget His many acts of love and kindness in our lives.

I am grateful to be a servant of God. God has blessed me much and kept this work going for seven years. But right now I am in a place of great difficulty. Please pray for the work that I do. Let this work continue. And let me be free to do it. At the moment I am under severe financial strain. I pray for God to send me help. Every day is a stiff challenge. And every bill seems like a mountain to climb.

Instead of voicing our fears let's voice our faith.

There is only one way to do it. Just do it. Leave the thinking behind.

What stays in the mind only for a while is not worth keeping.

The reason why I speak about God is that others may know Him and be saved so that they may be with Him eternally. If they do not know God and if they do not worship Him they are in danger of being eternally separated from Him. This is what prompts me to speak about God. And this is why people speak about God. This is the reason why people do work for God. This is the reason why ministries are conducted. Because there is this fear that if no one ministers to certain people, they may not know God and they may not worship Him, and as a consequence they may be separated from God for ever. So the need for speaking about God is this: that others may know Him and believe in Him and worship Him and be united with Him forever. This is why it is important to speak about God.

Whether God allows evil is a question best not answered by Man. Our answers are at best guesses, and may well be poor guesses. The relationship between God and Satan is most enigmatic. His access to God and his ability to command God's attention and even his ability to provoke God are just areas that cannot be explored beyond a superficial level. If God is good and great, then He knows what He is doing. And whatever He is doing, as terrible as it may look must be eventually good. Otherwise we may all start seriously considering a God who is just not as good or as great as we made Him out to be.

To work on despite very little reward takes extraordinary determination. Let the hard-working one with little rewards focus on that today.

Today let me forget my own problems, and think about another person's problems. There are people suffering in the world. And they need my prayer. Many times a prayer is all that we can offer. And it is most precious in God's eyes. And those whom we pray for will be benefited by it.

Don't think about what you don't have. Think about what you do have. And think about what you will have. God is good. He has given. And He will give.

Can base passions be understood?

Don't be upset. There is a God in heaven, and he hears you and will help you.

Those who look here and there will learn the hard way to look in front of them.

Great sanity comes from great insanity.

If a man truly loves God, he will seek Him. And the divine nature will follow. It will coexist with his human nature till it subdues it. But the human nature never dies as long as one remains human. The man in question may forget to feel as he ought to feel. His heart may harden for a while, but the divine nature will not let go. It is a striving nature and it is a winning nature, and it will not rest till it has what it desires. If we trust in God, we will not worry about godliness. It is an attribute which only He can confer in His way and in His time.

Rejoice in what you can do. Don't be worried about what you can't do.

If we were only less concerned about our spiritual welfare and more joyful in the fact that Christ died for us even while we were sinners and washed all our sin-guilt away, then we might just experience some happiness today.

Only the divine can make you less human and more divine. So stop trying to do it yourself.

Those who desire the divine nature resist the human nature. They consciously position themselves away from what is natural and offensive to the divine nature. This is the battle against sin. But sin itself should matter less because of what Jesus did. If we are still overly concerned about sin, and not rejoice enough in what Christ has done, it shows our lack of confidence in Christ's accomplishment on the cross. If we truly love God, our thoughts will have to eventually follow him, and so will our deeds. One last thing. There is no way we cannot sin. Even if we sin only once in the remainder of our lives, we are still unworthy of entering into God's presence. Our worthiness does not come from being sinless and resistant to sin. It comes from placing ourselves in the sinless Christ by faith. There our confidence must lie. And our confidence is best expressed in joy and peacefulness, not in a state of inner turmoil and doubt concerning our own nature and its deeds.

Have I got the time for you, that is the question. Time that will not come back, time that will most probably be spent without any profit to me.

If you see a demon today face it.

Move on. Live your life without hindrance and without obstacles. Strip away the obstacles. You have the power to do that. You have been equipped with everything that is required for the godly life. You may not believe it. But it's all in there. You have to take out every armour that is in there. You must take out every weapon that is in there. And God has given you every weapon that is required to fight against the evil forces in this world.

Before he fell Man was in total unity with God. This was the time when a sinless Adam and Eve enjoyed total communion with God. This perfect communion was restored to Man by the atoning act of Jesus, and thus today, despite sin-marred bodies and souls, Man can still commune with God as he ought to and used to.

This is the realization. You and I, who have accepted Jesus Christ, do not have to worry any more. We are free. We are free to live our lives as God wants us to live our lives. We are free to pursue the light without the fear of darkness. We can embrace the light. We can seek the things of God without any fear and without any hindrance. And even if the devil were to tell us that we cannot do that, that we cannot seek the light, that we are still in darkness, tell him that it's an absolute lie. And you can expose his lie and say, "You are a liar. You have been called a liar by the Lord Jesus Christ, and He speaks no lies. He speaks no untruth. The Lord Jesus is the Truth. He is the Way, The Truth and the Life. And if He calls you a liar, you are indeed a liar. And so what you say to me today is also a lie." Say that to him. Tell him that he is a liar. And move on.

We are now sinless. God regards us as sinless because He who was not sin became sin for our sakes, and since He became our sin we became His righteousness. Jesus is righteous. He is the Son of God. When He came down to earth He was most certainly the only righteous man who ever lived. And when He died for us as a righteous man He was the perfect sacrifice for our sins. And thus our sins have been wiped away. And because they have been wiped away we are seen as sinless by God, even though we may still sin for we are still in the flesh, and as long as we remain in the flesh, we will sin.

This is the realization. Sin is terrible. Sin is horrible. Sin separates Man from God. And Man is not meant to be separate from God. Man should be united with God. Man was made by God for God. The purpose of Man is to be united with God. But sin separates Man from God. A sinful man cannot enter the presence of God. The Bible says all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. No human being can ever approach God because of his or her sinfulness. And this enormous problem of separation was solved by the Lord Jesus Christ when He died for the sins of humanity. At that moment He removed the curtain between us and God. So no longer is Man separated from God. Jesus Christ has thus united God and Man.

Even rubbish is for a season.

You're not doing yourself any favours by being negative. Rather be positive and fail than be negative and fail.

And there's something greater than prayer. It is giving. A person who prays but does not give will be less than the one who never prays but does give.

You may say that prayer is also giving. But it is not the greatest kind of giving. There is something that one can do above praying. It is giving away what is most valuable for the sake of another.

Praying is only half the job. Believing is the other half.

It is when I sin that I know.

It is better not to believe in God rather than to believe in Him and doubt His gracious love and forgiveness.

The tragedy of the human being is that he cannot accept the love that God freely and graciously bestows on him. The human tries to merit that love and fails miserably.

God forgives even before you repent of your sin. Jesus Christ clearly proved that on the cross. Every time He said that a person's sins were forgiven the person in question did not even ask for forgiveness. God has truly forgiven. His work is truly finished. Let's not try to write a needless and painful epilogue to His finished work.

If you want to get to the heart of God you cannot walk away from love and forgiveness. The god who cannot love or forgive is not God.

Could God accept you just as you are and then despise your weaknesses? Haven't your weaknesses driven you to Him in the first place? How could you throw away what keeps you needing God?

There is no question that God sometimes miraculously saves. But does He always do that? Are miracles common? What should we do in the event of a miracle not happening? Should we cease to believe in a mighty God who responds in a timely way to urgent prayer?

The way God works you cannot do anything to merit His grace. It is best to cling to your unworthiness, yet at the same time trusting in His faithfulness to His promises to you.

What you do is not as important as why you do it.

You don't solve a problem by running away from it. You don't overcome a sin by escaping from it. Stand your ground and face what comes at you in the strength God has already given you.

How supremely confident we ought to be be in what God is doing in us, when we are actually afraid of what might happen to us.

Satan is most persuasive many times. But there comes a time when one must look beyond and see through his lies. And then one will see God who till then appeared unlikely to be the truth.

Yet our fears hold us back from surrendering all to God. We must abandon our fears altogether if we are to be with God.

I will surrender all to God. That is the key to being relieved. As long as I hold on to my baggage, I will never feel relieved.

I surrender all = I abandon all

We don't surrender to God until we cannot avoid it. We surrender only when all other hope fails.

Someone asked me what's in a name. Quite a lot I think. Remember Jacob who became Israel.

We all doubt. And we all learn to reject our doubts. That is the way of faith.


No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...