Ads

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Sayings Of Samuel Godfrey George - September 2014

I must spend more time believing in God than I do in doubting Him.

God shows you that you are weak, yet tells you to declare that you are strong. God shows you that are a sinful wretch, yet tells you to declare that you are the very righteousness of God in Christ. God is truly a god of ironies.

We make ourselves by what we say, they say. And they may be right. But this is what I say: when you place yourself in God's hands, and become pliable like clay, then He will make you into what He alone can make you to be.

"O God save me!" is my most spoken refrain these days.

Keep quiet when you want to lash out.

When everyone cares you look at everyone. When no one cares you look at God.

The desire for order has been placed in human hearts by God who has also placed humans in terrible disorder. In truth earthly disorder fuels the desire for heavenly order.

The need for God comes when helplessness is recognized.

If we don't see God as the ultimate problem-solver and all-supplier, will we try to please him or follow him? At the end of all God-belief there is expectation of reward. Take away this expectation and you take away the irresistibility of God.

Is everything really permissible for a follower of Christ? It is said that Jesus Christ called us to live in freedom. But what freedom is this? Is this freedom to do anything and everything? Or is this freedom from a certain kind of life? Is this freedom from a certain bondage? People who live in the world are prey to the desires of the world. People who live in this world are subject to the impulses of this world. And when they are subject to the impulses they are also vulnerable to being in bondage to these impulses. When you live in the world it is easy to be in bondage to the desires of the world. It is freedom from such a life of bondage that Christ commanded us to experience. Everything that God created is beautiful. Everything is good. But we can't hold on to anything. People in this world should not be obsessed with the things of the world. When they allow themselves to be obsessed, they allow themselves to be mastered by the things of the world.

It takes a great dysfunction to produce a great function.

Thank you Lord for saving me from a difficult situation. Through someone you helped me at a crucial time to pay a bill, and thus helped me avoid unpleasant consequences. You have saved me yet again.

Don't teach out of fear. Teach because you love. There is no fear in love.

A prayer to God is a very great thing. If someone prays for you it is a remarkable thing. A prayer is a beautiful offering to God. If one is praying for another, how wonderful that is. How it illustrates this person's care for the other. But we must not stop with prayer as long as we can do something more. If there is something more that we can do, then we must go beyond prayer and help this person.

If there is a person who is hungry, and if I can feed him, I should feed him. That for me is more important than praying for him. Yes, I will pray for him, but I will feed him first. When someone is in need, and he wants me to help him, and if I can help him, I will help first.

To see Satan in everything is to be Satan-conscious. I'd rather be God-conscious.

Develop the art of listening quietly and you will hear what you will not otherwise hear. And no matter what you hear you will learn a thing or two.

Those who live by the sword must be ready to die by it.

There is only one approach that appeals to me: the direct one.

Where sin abounded grace abounded even more. So don't be alarmed by your own sinfulness. If you are indeed aware of it and are pained by it you have received much grace already.

A life for God is all about taking risks. In fact there is no such thing as a risk-free life for God.

If we feel free and strong right now, then we will not need God at all.

She does her best. Her best may not be good enough. Her best may be your worst. But live with her best as long as she does her best.

One's entitled to one's mistakes.

If you belong to Christ, you can't sell your soul to Satan now. It is not yours to sell any more. When you accepted Christ He became the owner of your soul. Only He can sell it or give it away. And He will do neither.

If you are uncomfortable about Satan that is a good thing. The people who belong to Satan are so comfortable with him that they do not even know that he exists.

Satan is the Prince of this world. But God is the King of the universe. So decide for yourself who is bigger.

If Satan is telling you anything to discourage you from seeking God, it is so because He sees you as someone who belongs to the other camp. If you belonged to his camp, he will not waste any time with you.

Remember the mystery about weakness. When we are weak, then we are strong. It is when we are weak that God works best. So don't be afraid to be weak in God's sight.

I certainly like and seek human approval. But the more I seek it, the less I am satisfied by it, and this will eventually turn me away from it. Or at least I will not crave it any more.

We should pray for a heart that seeks God above all things. Yet distractions serve a purpose. The more we are distracted the more we are aware of what we really want to follow. I think distractions are only distractions. The obsession will outlast the distractions.

If there is evil in your life face it. And overcome it with good. But you must not run away from it or pretend that it does not exist. If Christ is in you, then He is bigger than the evil in your life.

I admire those who say that God never fails. Surely their faith experience is remarkable and God performed to their satisfaction without fault. But is this the consistent experience of all those who believe in God? Is there no such thing as disappointment with God? Books have been written about sour experiences in faith. Job, a character in the Bible, posed the most troublesome questions concerning God's fairness. Obviously there are deep questions and superficial answers. Yet the affirmation that God never fails is not superficial. It is the profound conclusion of faith that precedes experience, and even negates inconsistencies in that experience. It is profound because it sees God in its entirety as victor over every difficulty and champion of every person who entrusts his soul with him. It is profound because it sees the totality of what God is and does, and it does not limit itself to fragmented reality, which is what this earthly existence will allow us to experience.

Good intentions are worthless if you can't carry them out.

The surest seeds to sow are seeds of love. There is no absolutely no way you will not reap from these.

Believing in who God created you to be and believing in yourself minus God are leagues apart. I subscribe to the one and decry the other.

When you've done every desperate thing and fretted over something till you're exhausted, it is time to be still and know that Someone is God.

Either live in dread or live in hope. It is your choice. This is what I say to myself and to you.

You can easily believe in good as you believe in evil. You can easily believe in positive outcomes as you believe in negative outcomes. But do throw in your lot with one or the other. It does shape your life.

When you say, "What is the use?", and still go on, the work is no longer being done by you.

This is what I have learned in my walk of faith. God is unpredictable in His predictability. He does good but in His own way and in His own time. Any guesses regarding his modus operandi is an utter waste of time.

Christians should not make promises that they cannot keep. Even unbelieving people avoid that.

If you believe in God expect to be saved.

God doesn't test me so that He would know. God tests me so that I would know.

Little man, why do you fear? You can't do it. But God will. Just trust in Him. It won't be easy. But there is no other way.

Nothing good lives in me is a good place to start with God.

Should we fear God? Or should we love God? I'd rather love God.

Just now I grumbled against God. I said that I had enough of what He has given me in return for my service. But will I permanently feel this way? Or is this a temporary, nervous reaction to relentless trouble? I believe that temporary feeling is nothing. Permanent feeling is everything. The truth is my hearts beats for nothing but God. This has been the condition for the last ten years or so. I see nothing temporary about it.

Under pressure I appear to wilt. And then I recover. I know why I do. I feel no shame before God, for I know he knows everything about me.

To listen to the ordinary cares of people one requires extraordinary grace.

God, give me the grace to consider everyone, despite my own troubles.

Speaking the truth is important. But considering the feelings of the person to whom we speak the truth is even more important.

How painful are honest words! Not sweet, but painful.

God gave me a voice and the words to go along with it.

Anyone can speak kindly. But only a few can speak truly.

The mouth and the heart can speak two different languages. Some who know their hearts have learned to conceal them.

Even that despicable one next to you is God's child. Don't fall into disdain. Fall into awareness.

When you have nothing, you will be grateful for something.

We are all rather paltry beneath our glorious skins. The moment we understand our littleness is the moment we grow.

When we reason beyond what is revealed, we are in the devil's territory.

The answers are all in there. They just don't make sense now.

God lets us perform till we are found out.

As far as God is concerned, I don't question the madness He brings.

If you are dependent on human approval you'll never get anything done.

To speak what is on my mind, I need only my consent.

Give to everyone who asks. Give him more than he asks. This is what Jesus said. And you can't run away from that.

Some who have tasted my love will remember it more. Because I loved them even after their disgraceful behaviour.

God is in love with the little and the paltry human. He is not in love with glorious Man.

Trouble makes me desperate. Desperation makes me violent. Violence enables me to take the kingdom of God by force.

What is the value of a person's compliment to me, even if he were to call me great? I am little. I know it and I am content with it.

God makes sense. But not always.

God will not abandon. I should know that by now.

God brought me all the way here. He will not abandon me now. No matter what my mind whispers, God will not abandon His child. And that is exactly what I am.

I'll wait for God even if He is late.

Is your makeover cosmetic or spiritual? Is your soul troubled enough to get you on the right track? Or is this a role you play to be safe in this world of Man?

Let us respect our elders, and care for those who are dependent on us.

God bless all the old people in the world today. Let us treat them with love and respect. For they are treasures given to us by God.

I expect God to save me even when my mind tells me otherwise.

Decide to share even if you are kicked out for it.

What's in your mind may never be erased. So be careful about what you put into it.

God does not speak to the stubborn. He silently leads him almost to the point of destruction.

The only way to preserve beauty is not to corrupt it.

If you have a thing of beauty then use it well.

Once you cut off the head, of what use is the tail?

Every time I thought that I would lose it I would keep it. Such has been the journey with God. I have always expected to lose and been surprised to win.

If I have repented and done good today is that really to my credit? Have I not resisted correction for such a long time and done what is evil so persistently that my reformation at this time is not creditable at all? Is my change of mind really an act of wisdom? It is more an act of defeat, the defeat of the self, the crushing of selfish hope.

Even when we give, we always ask, what will we get out of it? We do everything seemingly altruistic with an ulterior motive to please Someone up there. We even force ourselves to love Him because that is most advantageous for us in the long run. But could such love be love? Could such giving be really giving?

The question then is not, shall we do good? But why should we do good? For whose good are we trying to do good?

When Christians make promises and don't keep them, we know why they need Christ.

In one minute God can change that situation around. The question then is, do you believe that God can do such a thing? And if you do are you expecting God to do such a thing in your life? And if so, are you willing to wait for that event indefinitely?

Do good even when no one is watching.

Don't say it is too hard. Say it is manageable. Anything is possible with God. Just believe that and expect things to work out.

From a teacher of God's ways I have graduated into a student of God's ways. Now, that's progress.

I don't know what this means. I don't even want to find out what this means. I leave the matter with God.

This is God's promise to all of us: "I will give you shelter if you would only come to me." Let us go to God today.

"I need to believe that something extraordinary is possible." How I prize that line from the movie, "A Beautiful Mind"! It revitalizes my life every day.

Why should I give up on God now? He brought me all the way here. And though He seems late, which He usually appears to be, I also know that He always saves somehow.

You may feel little and insignificant and do not see much hope in life. But God cares about you and wants to help you. In fact He wants to do His best for you.

When nothing seems possible, that's when God will do it for us.

By blessing the Lord, I begin my work for Jesus Christ on my new computer "GodInSam"

You can read the entire Bible and still not know God.

The reason why we do this work is to let people know that there is a God and that we worship Him, and that He is good, and that He answers our prayers, and that we need Him, and that without Him we will not be complete, and that without God we will be nothing.

Why should we wait for God to reply to our prayer? What is the benefit of waiting? Waiting increases our trust in God because the more we wait the more we have to trust Him. If God does grant our requests immediately then much trust cannot be expressed. But when waiting is involved a higher degree of trust is required. Patience is involved. Patience is important for the development of faith. Without patience faith cannot grow and will even remain in the infantile stage. For faith to grow, it must be tested. And the best kind of test is waiting.

When my work for God on YouTube came to a standstill because of a computer failure I wondered if it were so by divine design. Will this be the end of my work? Has it ceased to appeal even to God? Have I failed God in a significant way? Are people right in not encouraging me to go on? Yes, there were many questions. And the answers seemed scary. But a decisive reply from heaven came three months later, and was confirmed today in a miraculous provision that could have come only from the Lord. A few days ago stunningly a new computer stormed into my life, and even as I reeled in shock at the quickness of it and the impulsive nature of my procuring it, my internal fears were quietened today by a massive move of God to supply certain urgent needs that arose alarmingly from my excessively bold decision to buy a laptop in the most straitened circumstances. Yes God provided convincingly and stunningly, erasing whatever doubt that still lingered in my mind about my adventurous decision to throw caution to the winds and get what I wanted to continue my task of love

Friend, I pray that God be with you and comfort you in this time of distress. May He give you the strength to surmount whatever difficulty has come your way. Do not be dismayed, for your God is no deserter. He always walks with you and comforts you with His presence. Take strength in knowing that. And be well.

Blessing a creation of God is an act of devotion to God.

God has yet again proven His great faithfulness in my life. After three months of painful waiting and uncertainty regarding the future of my ministry, God has supplied me what I need and more than what I need. He has given me a beautiful and capable laptop to do my work for God on the Internet, and He has provided me the means to live in circumstances that threatened to be rather daunting. But with God all things are indeed possible. The first possible thing is an answer to a desperate prayer. Yes God answers prayers and delights to give to His children more than what they ask or imagine. I am the proof for that. Praise God. He is indeed faithful!

Thank you friends for your prayers. God has mightily answered them! He has supplied my needs abundantly today. God has rushed in with help just at the time I needed it most. Our God is an awesome God and His people are wonderful and caring. Thank you again. And may God bless you and supply all your needs.

O dear friends, God has been good to me today. He has supplied my needs in the nick of time. And He has supplied abundantly. Thank you God.

When we are in love with the created human body and not make the Creator the object of our love, we are in love with nothing.

All help comes from God even if people bring it.

Some day I hope that God will reward me for my silence when I really wanted to speak my mind.

My beautiful Lenovo Y510p with Intel Ci7 processor and full HD display has become my new tool of love. Born on 30 August 2014 "GodInSam" will take the love of God to places where it is not even suspected.

My new computer "GodInSam" is now sitting on my desk. It's a beautiful Lenovo Y510p with an Intel Ci7 processor. It is more than what I wanted. I bought it risking too much. After carefully discussing with my family and getting their consent I used household money for purchasing this laptop. We felt that it was absolutely important that I continue my video work immediately. Even my workers gave their support and encouraged me to do something that could affect them financially. In fact one of my workers has been long urging me to go for the laptop as soon as an opportunity presented itself. Finally an opportunity came at the end of August. I took the risk of making the down payment for a computer, which was more expensive than what I had in mind. But the store gave me a huge discount and granted me two additional years of warranty free of charge. God be praised for His goodness in my life. Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. God's work through me will now go on in all its facets. I look forward to good times. I send my love to you all.


No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...