Ads

Thursday 1 November 2012

When beset by trials and temptations - Sayings of Samuel Godfrey George

When beset by trials and temptations one must rejoice, not despair. When one's weaknesses are exposed one must run to God and not be rooted to the ground in dismay and terror. Our failings should drive us to God and not away from him. The devil wants us to run away from God and he uses our problems to create in us hopelessness that impels us to walk away from God. Do not submit to hopelessness today. Where God is there is always hope. And God is still with you.

Every time when I am in trouble I start talking to God. When I wrestle with evil thoughts I start speaking to God. And I continue to speak to God and ask him for strength. Only his strength provided by his grace can turn my mind away from its dark path. Whenever darkness descends on me I run to the light of God. And I speak to Him till he fills me with his light.

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...