Ads

Thursday 17 July 2014

Curb My Tongue For I Hurt My Friend - Psalm 141 - Leslie Brandt

"O God, I come to You in sorrow and shame.
I spoke up in my own defense today
and uttered words that knifed their way
into the heart of my friend,
and this created a great rift between us.
I would never raise my hand to strike him,
but the tongue is more destructive than the fist,
and I hurt that one whom I love.

Heal the hurt of my friend, O Lord,
and heal the sickness within my heart
that forced my foolish tongue
into such irresponsible actions.

I come to claim Your loving mercy.
I pray, as well, that you grant my friend
the grace to forgive me.
May Your Spirit who abides in my heart
curb and control my rebellious tongue
and teach me to speak words
that give life and promote love
in the hate-ridden world about me."

- Leslie Brandt, "Psalms Now"

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...