Ads

Thursday 17 July 2014

Remembering My Father - 16 July 2014

Today I remember my father, B. Ganesan (aka George Godfrey) who passed away 10 years ago. This is his birth anniversary day. For many years while he lived, he and I did not get along very well. But before his death, God inspired me to visit my father. A few days before his last birthday I asked my father to forgive me for all my wrongs against him. He forgave me and blessed me. For these great acts I have only God to thank. He placed love in my heart for my father and enabled me to express it before it was too late. I praise God for His merciful consideration.

When I was a young boy, I briefly lost vision in my left eye, following an accident. In the first hospital where I was examined, a doctor announced to my father that I would never regain my vision and that I would see the world with only one eye. A few moments later, my father broke down and wept bitterly lamenting over my fate. That was the first time I had seen him cry, and I was totally shocked by his reaction. It was only years later that I realized that his strange reaction revealed the depth of his love for me.

Dear Father, rest in peace. May God grant you everlasting joy and may we meet again some day. Thank you BG for being my dad.

SGG
 

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...