Ads

Thursday 17 July 2014

I Am Confused And Lost - Psalm 142 - Leslie Brandt

"I direct my cries to the Lord.
Out of the ear-piercing sounds and
ceaseless turmoil of this concrete jungle
I speak God's name.
For my heart is deeply troubled and depressed,
and I feel weary and faint.

I am confused and lost.
I cannot find my way.
The nameless faces that flit by
take no notice of me.
No one knows my name,
and no one cares.

I turn to You, O God.
You have heard me before,
and You responded to my cries.
Perhaps even amid the frustrating activity
and crowded streets of the great city
You can hear the cries of a lonely child.

O God, deliver me from my prison of loneliness.
Turn my cries of distress
into proclamations of joy.
Direct my steps into the fellowship
of others who love and serve You."

- Leslie Brandt, "Psalms Now"

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...