Ads

Wednesday 23 July 2014

I'm Falling Apart - Psalm 6 - Psalms Now

O God, don't clobber me in disgust
or chastise me in anger.
But the fact is, I'm falling apart.
I am distraught and confused.
I am in deep trouble,
and I don't know how long I can take it.

I can only beg You to enter into my conflict,
to extricate me from its incessant battering,
to demonstrate Your love
in deliverance and salvation.
Otherwise I'm going down the drain;
and how, then, could I either praise or serve You?

I am fed up with this continual agony;
I can no longer endure these perpetual defeats.
I am becoming increasingly discouraged
over my human frailties and fallibilities.

If only I could be sure
that You know of my anguish,
that You discern my cries for help,
that You also feel and understand,
that You will never let me go,
then I could stand firm even in defeat
and rise victorious even over my failures
and make even my human weaknesses
serve You.

- Leslie Brandt, "Psalms Now"

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...