Ads

Thursday 24 July 2014

I Am About To Make An Important Decision - Psalm 26 - Psalms Now

I am about to make an important decision, Lord,
and the day before me is charged with uncertainty;
Enable me to sense Your presence,
to feel Your undergirding power,
to be assured of Your guiding concern.

I have been Your son and servant for many years.
Even in my youth I claimed Your redeeming love
and dedicated my life to Your purposes.
Until now I have shunned the world's enticements,
the human ambitions that so teasingly beckon,
to pursue Your objectives
and carry out Your commands.

I have been faithful to the hour of worship
and the time of prayer.
I have celebrated Your grace and sung Your praises.
My dearest friends are those who love and serve You.

Now, O Lord, I have come to a fork in the road.
I don't know which way to turn,
I commit this day into Your hands.
I pray that it may be lived by Your direction
and in accord with Your will.

I raise my voice in thanksgiving, O God,
for You have granted me the assurance
that You will guide my faltering steps.

Leslie Brandt, "Psalms Now"

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...