Ads

Wednesday 23 July 2014

God Persecutes Me - Job

“The fact of the matter is that God has overthrown me and caught me in his net. I scream for help and no one hears me. I shriek, but get no justice. God has blocked my path and turned my light to darkness. He has stripped me of my glory and removed the crown from my head. He has broken me down on every side, and I am done for. He has destroyed all hope. His fury burns against me; he counts me as an enemy. He sends his troops to surround my tent.

 "He has sent away my brothers and my friends. My relatives have failed me; my friends have all forsaken me. Those living in my home, even my servants, regard me as a stranger. I am like a foreigner to them. I call my servant, but he doesn’t come; I even beg him! My own wife and brothers refuse to  recognize me. Even young children despise me. When I stand to speak, they mock.

 "My best friends abhor me. Those I loved have turned against me. I am skin and bones and have escaped death by the skin of my teeth.

"Oh, my friends, pity me, for the angry hand of God has touched me.


 "Why must you persecute me as God does? Why aren’t you satisfied with my anguish?"

(From Job 19, TLB)

No comments:

How do we worship God?

Many people go to church to worship God. Denominational differences in Christianity may involve different styles of worship. But what ...